Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Setting up SFML

Started by infernapelover Dec 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM 1 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
infernapelover
infernapelover

Hello, I am relatively new to programming and I am trying to setup SFML to work with the Code::Blocks compiler. I have followed the online tutorials and attempted to link both statically and dynamically to the sfml dlls, but cannot manage to get it to work. I am getting an error code that "the procedure entry point could not be located in the dll". Not sure how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fleabay
fleabay
If you link statically, you don't need the DLL's. Use the preprocessor def SFML_STATIC for static linking.

For dynamic linking, the DLL's need to be in the path or better yet in the same folder as the executable that you built.

Make sure you use the right lib files. The lib file suffixes are -d for debug, -s for static, -s-d for static debug
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.
fleabay
fleabay
I happened across this video tutorial but I have no idea if it is any good or not. I thought maybe it could be of use to you if you're still having issues..

"This is is a quick video on how to setup and configure SFML 2.1 with CodeBlocks"
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=275226955
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.