Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Weird artifacts on borders of triangles

Started by Armagedon Jan 18, 2017 at 2:51 PM 1 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
Armagedon
Armagedon

Hello,

I've got strange artifacts on borders of triangles when rendering scene to texture, then applying it to other mesh.

As picture is worth a thousand words, here is a screenshot(here better quality: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaqptxeojft3ggf/artifacts.png?dl=0):

[attachment=34607:artifacts.png]

What i learned from debugging is that problem occurs when rendering scene to texture, but in mainpass problem doesn't occur. I thought about some NaNs in shader, but even when i'm outputting solid color value artifacts occur(less visible, but still).

It only happens on borderes of triangles(artifacts layouts matches wireframe).

Do you have any idea what could output that weird results?

dpadam450
dpadam450

What is the wireframe? Are you rendering some height waves into a render texture? Is that texture tiled over the water?

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
Infinisearch
Infinisearch
Do you have any idea what could output that weird results?

Are the vertex's on adjacent triangles exactly the same? If not I've heard floating point accuracy comes into play and can cause holes between triangles.

edit - actually I don't know if its FP accuracy or just rasterization "rules".

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.