Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[VBexEngine] Space-Demo

Started by mdx Jun 12, 2017 at 10:37 PM 1 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
mdx
mdx

I have implemented some new PlanetShader, Bloom, Skyboxing and a better Glow. Watch the new Video and/or Download a running Demo from the VBexEngine Blog.
Have Fun !


unbird
unbird

It's usually recommended to post such things in the "Your Announcement" sub-forum or better yet start a blog (journal) here and yes, give some technical details - your site is silent about that too - if you really want feedback.

That being said, with the smooth camera movement and the spherical sound this has a veeeeeery Kubrick feeling about it. Congrats.

One hint though. Maybe it's just the video encoding but I'd add some noise to remove the banding. It screws the perfection. You should find a couple of threads about this in the graphics section.

mdx
mdx

First of all, thx for response.The project is just a one man show and i never learned the graphic and directx stuff professionally. It's just fun and hobby. I was proud about that nice video result, so i wanted to share it. Sorry about the wrong section. Technical details ? On the Blog you can download a realtime demo (no sound, including source) and i added some infos to the engine-section about the shader. Or what technical interests do you have? I could add it. And yes.. the ugly color-bending is still a problem. I have experimented with noise, but still not lucky with the result.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.