Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

STB Image

Started by Alundra Mar 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM 4 replies 3.9k views
Original Post
Alundra
Alundra

Hi,
Long time ago I had to use FreeImage to replace STB Image because some files failed to load.
We are now in 2018 and looks like STB Image never ended to be updated.
Is it safe to use STB Image / STB Image Writer nowadays ?
Thank you

rnlf_in_space
rnlf_in_space

I am using STBI and I never had a problem. Not sure what kind of trouble you had, but for it's been a smooth ride so far.

havsmonstret
havsmonstret

Both stb_image.h and stb_image_write.h was updated a month ago: https://github.com/nothings/stb

I use both without any problems. It has some limitations though that's specified in the files, perhaps you violate some of them?

CrazyCdn
CrazyCdn

It's worked fine for me for a very long time now. Used my hundreds of projects too.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin
KarimIO
KarimIO

It works great here, been using it for years.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.