Survey: Uni research project on writing and breaking in

Started by
2 comments, last by stromboli 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello everyone - I'd like to just start this post by saying I am totally new here and so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place or something, I will be happy to take it down or move it to another place if advised!

I am a student doing a research and information project on the story-writing side of games, which may lead into my dissertation next year. I have a couple of quick questions I would like to throw out, and I will be using the answers in a portfolio of research (with your permission), as well as possibly being used in leaflets that I will be creating for the project

These questions are mainly intended for those who are on the story-creation side, but you can answer most of them anyway even if you didn't write the story

Any-who, what I really want to ask is the following, and feel free to waffle on or throw in extra info, and likewise don't feel like you have to answer all these questions, even one response to one question will help!

1) What position do you hold in the industry, and how/why did you achieve this position?

2) What tends to come first in the creation process, the game-play or the story? Which is more important?

3) How often do projects you are involved with actually make it to full release?

4) What is your advice for people dipping their toes into game design and story-writing as A) a hobby (i.e. fan games and mods) or B) a career?

5) Is your current job full time, self employed or freelance, and do you ever find yourself working multiple jobs? Do you find this to be a positive or negative side of your line of work?

6) How does your job impact your social life and general well-being?

Thanks all who answer

Advertisement

Hey Stromboli, the position of working as a writer for games is not very common so you may not get a lot of feedback here.  You might want to try and find some game writers on Twitter and contact them directly.

Hey, I have been doing this too, but thought I may as well try a forum too on the off chance i get even one response. Every little helps but thanks for the advice anyway!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement