Hello. My name is Daryn.
I am currently in college for Video Game Development, and at this time focused on Programming.
I am learnt at an intermediate level regarding C++; and now I am about to course into C#.
Why? Primarily because I have a new interest in the Unity Engine. I am new to C#, and have joined up with Unity as well their tutorials lately.
And I am even considering to subscribe to their package buy, for 1 year. Where they basically teach me how to develop in Unix, from scratch. This in extra, on top of all the free material available for 'teaching one self' provided.
My question is; does the community think it is work it, if I pay Unity $500 CAD for 1 year of their 'tutorship'?
The main reason why my eye is on Unity, is because someday, I would like to firstly produce a 'shooter survival' game (indi); as well much later on, perhaps an MMO (indi). And I hear Unity is good for both. Also, it cuts some corners and work.
My best friend and I are wanting to go into studio together, in about 3 years; and make our own indi-game(s), alongside a couple more team-mates (friends). We have an investor in Montreal. I am new, but ambitious.