Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Pipeline Rendering Unreal Engine

Started by Deadly_kom Jun 28, 2018 at 9:20 AM 1 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
Deadly_kom
Deadly_kom

Hi, everybody.

I touched on this topic in connection with the recent transition to development on Unreal Engine exclusively in C++
Everyone knows that very little information about the documentation of the engine, I spent a lot of time in finding information about it. Rummaged through GitHub to find worthy examples of implementation, but came to the fact that the best way to learn the Engine is to look for answers in the source code.

Want to share with you that I dug up and perhaps someone will help me with my problem.

Unreal Engine 4 Rendering, Possible to use my own pure HLSL and GLSL shader code, Jason Zink, Matt Pettineo, Jack Hoxley - Practical renderind with DirectX 11 - 2011.pdf

In General I want to understand how to operationalize the concept of context FGlobalShader, UPrimitiveComponent and using FPrimitiveSceneProxy definition FVertexFactory, which implemented the connection of the Shader through the material FMaterialShader and transfer the parameters to it. I have studied the source code of these classes and understand that through the class of materials are transmitted a lot of parameters. But I do not want at least at the first stage to use the parameters that I do not fully understand, but gradually. Create a clean class with the ability to transfer the parameters I need in it, but that it fits into the concept of the pipeline Unreal Engine.

Can someone faced it and agree to share a small piece of code for example.
Thank you in advance!

1

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.