Tower Def Challenge Submission

Started by
6 comments, last by DexterZ101 5 years, 10 months ago

Here is my tower defence submission. :)

I also updated my blog regarding my entry:

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

I can't see the download link on the project page! :( I think same think happened to me, when you upload it, you have to click 'save' after the upload or it doesn't take.

6 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

I can't see the download link on the project page! :( I think same think happened to me, when you upload it, you have to click 'save' after the upload or it doesn't take.

Oh, I just checked and it wasn't even there. ? I re-uploaded, should work now. Be prepared for unknown balanced game play. :D 

Programmer and 3D Artist

Got it working! Found out it does need the visual studio 2015 runtime installing, and OpenAL.

It seems to run fine and I'm not very good at it so far! :) Quite a few entries are going for the freeform paths where your towers determine the routes they follow! Maybe this is how it is meant to be done I confess I haven't played many tower defence games before the challenge lol.

Opps, I forgot to zip openal32.dll with the package!! Sorry I was rushing to upload it, and I'm half asleep. :D 

I just re-submitted my file upload. The game will slow down to a halt sometimes if that file isn't present and it's using an older version from system32.

I included the link for VC++ 2015 Runtime https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=48145 on the page too.

Please let me know if the new download is okay. :)

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

It seems to run fine and I'm not very good at it so far! :) Quite a few entries are going for the freeform paths where your towers determine the routes they follow! Maybe this is how it is meant to be done I confess I haven't played many tower defence games before the challenge lol.

There are different styles, but all valid forms. :) Some are free form completely, others are free outside of a pre-set path, and some are locked to pre-set spots outside a pre-set path.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Awesome job Rutin!

Wow less than 3MB!  downloaded and run it w/o a prob.... Nice ^_^y

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement