Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

The Last “How To Write A Game Dev Press Release” Post You’ll Ever Need

Started by Aaron Marsden Jul 24, 2018 at 5:59 PM 2 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Aaron Marsden
Aaron Marsden

There are a lot of blog posts online teaching indie developers “how to write proper press releases for their new games,” and they all provide different (and sometimes conflicting) information. It’s confusing.

So, for the past week, I’ve spent my afternoons taking notes on all the useful information within each one, reaching out to established game developers to get their advice on how to write killer game press releases, and talking with PR pros in both game development and outside marketing environments to gather the absolute best information possible on the subject.

This post combines all my findings.

I hope you enjoy it! As always, if you have any questions about this stuff or any of the other things I've written about here, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to help.

https://medium.com/powerspike/the-last-how-to-write-a-game-dev-press-release-post-youll-ever-need-796aab9d7848

jbadams
jbadams

Hi Aaron, great post!

One thing I thought was missing was adding an enbargo date if necessary - you cover tagging a release as "for immediate release", but that isn't always desirable. :)


Would you be interested in co-publishing here as a front-page article? It would of course be fully attributed and contain a link to the original, and should get some wider reach via our social channels and front page viewership. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.