Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Seeking Unity Developer for 2D Action/Puzzle Game

Started by NeoRetro Aug 14, 2018 at 9:55 PM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
NeoRetro
NeoRetro

Hi -

I'm a game designer, artist, and game content creator who's been working in the industry on/off for many years. My work has been primarily on PC and mobile puzzle and action games (Here's an oooold article: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/130053/breaking_down_breakout_system_and_.php)


I've decided to develop one of my prototypes into a game. Closest description would be a mashup of Mario Brothers, Mount Your Friends and Cut the Rope. Single or local multiplayer. Unity 2D.

When I began this project in my spare time a few years ago, it was a series of paper and visual prototypes and there were many unknowns. Since then I've been lucky enough to have pitched the design to a university game incubator in 2017 and have it accepted and developed as a capstone project through Fall/Spring semesters (won best-project award). This has reduced the unknowns dramatically. I've also refined and evolved the theme and art style. Thus my decision to proceed with developing the prototype into a game.


I've done level scripting in Lua and Objective C, but I don't really have the coding chops to proceed on my own. Thus I'm looking for an experienced developer with numerous games and prototypes under their belt (bonus points for "2D physics-thing" prototypes and games). Ideally several years of Unity C# work. Ideally based in the U.S. since I'm on the east coast.


This would be a variable amount of revenue share based on contribution (anything from: 4-16 hours per week for a ~12 month duration). If you're local, there's the possibility of other types of compensation as well (free meals, computer test equipment, etc). I estimate project completion Sep-Dec 2019.


I'll provide A TON of specifics for serious inquiries in the form of a brief screenshare walkthrough and short design pitchbook.

Start would be in early September.


***Please message me on gamedev.net***

***Please include the usual details required to determine qualifications/experience***

***Please be over 18***


THANKS FOR READING!

NeoRetro
NeoRetro

To any interested parties - this is still open. Please message me or reply here.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.