Advice needed for my new shoot 'em up video game idea's design

Started by
5 comments, last by davyx38 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi, I'm a beginner game developer and i have an original game idea for a shoot 'em up video game. But I'm not a professional designer so i dont know if the idea is worth making or not. So, i need some advice for my idea. If someone wants to help please contact me at: aparsh123@gmail.com

Advertisement

Hi @Arsh Panesar, I doubt anyone with the experience to give useful advice will message you - many of us only give advice publicly, as that way it can potentially help many people rather than just you!

If you post what you're looking for advice on here I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses though! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

53 minutes ago, jbadams said:

Hi @Arsh Panesar, I doubt anyone with the experience to give useful advice will message you - many of us only give advice publicly, as that way it can potentially help many people rather than just you!

If you post what you're looking for advice on here I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses though! :)

Completely agree with him! Just tell us about your game idea and together we'll try to help you as well as we know.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

Generic advice: make a prototype with reduced levels, placeholder graphics, etc. and you'll find out whether

• your idea is good
  • your game engine is suitable for your idea
  • you are actually capable of designing a shoot'em up

Even if your prototype is a failure, a lot of the experience obtained this way would be relevant for a different game idea, and at worst you'd learn how to turn out prototypes efficiently.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

On 10/16/2018 at 3:47 AM, Arsh Panesar said:

But I'm not a professional designer so i dont know if the idea is worth making or not.

Don't worry about that part.  Often times, even professional game designers don't really know if their idea is worth pursuing or not.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

If you need a game design try one of the drag and drop programs like construct 2/3 at least what everyone else pointed out you will learn something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement