Frogger Entry (Monster Frogger)

Started by
9 comments, last by supermikhail 5 years, 5 months ago

Here's my submission:

Didn't think I'd put it off until the last day, considering that I had a week to fix some issues since the last update, and haven't. My excuse is I got burnt out. :) (Or something like that.)

...Oh, yeah, the Linux and Mac builds are untested. ? I'm especially suspicious about Mac. It's kind of weird, but I don't know what a Mac game is supposed to look like.

Advertisement

I really enjoyed your take on this! :)  What updates did you make since your last blog post?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Linux build works just fine, it gave me a prompt to make it executable when first run but worked great! :)

1 hour ago, Rutin said:

I really enjoyed your take on this! :)  What updates did you make since your last blog post?

Thanks. Well, there's music, I've redone all the levels (had to, really, to accomodate a traditional lives system) which, perhaps unfortunately, made them easier.  And there's a cheesy last-minute victory screen.

2 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

Linux build works just fine, it gave me a prompt to make it executable when first run but worked great! :)

Thanks for the update. I think you wanted to test your game on Mac. Did you manage to? (Edit: Or maybe it wasn't you. ? Sorry, I have a terrible memory for names.)

11 minutes ago, supermikhail said:

I think you wanted to test your game on Mac. Did you manage to?

Yup it was me mikhail, I have no idea whether it works, it was just a godot mac export, and I'm not really very familiar with them, or have access. One of the challenge guys, (I think possibly Znippy?) has access to mac so maybe he can test.

Ohhlala! I'm having fun, love the fire and the camera effects even the game play awesome entry!!! ^_^y

23 hours ago, DexterZ101 said:

Ohhlala! I'm having fun, love the fire and the camera effects even the game play awesome entry!!! ^_^y

I just want to mention, for full disclosure, that fire and other particle effects came from free and mostly standard Unity Store assets. ? I'd like to be able to do them by myself, but a) I only figured out how all that works during the challenge, and b) painting 60 frames for each effect (which seems to be the standard) would have gone beyond the scope (and time limit) of the project. (But I so wanna.)

Wow really like your submission! :) The increase in difficulty is very well done! Also that you gave the whole project your own setting. Tested both, Windows and Mac build. Both worked without any issues! :) 

Keep thinking!

Works great! Awesome setting, kids loved it! The explosions and transformations were really cool!

2 hours ago, Znippy said:

Wow really like your submission! :) The increase in difficulty is very well done! Also that you gave the whole project your own setting. Tested both, Windows and Mac build. Both worked without any issues! :) 

Phew! Thanks!

1 hour ago, JWColeman said:

Works great! Awesome setting, kids loved it! The explosions and transformations were really cool!

:D Well, something not being kid-friendly doesn't mean it's not for kids, right? Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement