How to aquire users at the beginning?

Started by
4 comments, last by ph4ntomz 4 years, 11 months ago

Hi!

I hope I'm in the right forums, because none of the others seemed fitting for me. I recently launched my first mobile game after years of work and a lot of money invested for visuals. Now when I show my game around people always praise me for it and tell me that it looks really interesting, but nobody really plays it. I'm a little frustrated, because I don't know where to go with my game except for investing thousands of dollars into marketing. But, I don't want to invest into marketing, if I'm not sure what most people actually think about my game.

I have also shown the game in some forums already and subreddits, but it seems to not spike much interest. Probably because it seems like it's just another beginner's mobile game. So, what would you recommend me to do in my situation? I quit my job to do this and spent thousands of hours into this project. I feel like just dropping it and trying a hyper casual mobile game next, but then all of my hard work would have gone to waste except for the experience.

What would you recommend me?

Advertisement

Ooze confidence. It (looks) like something to be a part of.  

On 6/1/2019 at 9:07 AM, ph4ntomz said:

I don't know where to go with my game except for investing thousands of dollars into marketing. But, I don't want to invest into marketing,

Moved this to the Business forum because your question is a Marketing question ("marketing without spending a lot of money"), and marketing is a business matter. Recommend you read the stickies atop this forum, and look at other marketing threads here.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi! Is there any reason you haven't posted the link to your game as well? :)

3 hours ago, pcmaster said:

Hi! Is there any reason you haven't posted the link to your game as well? :)

I didn't want this to feel like it's just for promoting my game. But, I guess it makes sense to include. 

You can download the game right here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bunjes.kjell.aztec.flip

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement