Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Accessibility in video games - Research paper

Started by PortaPlays Jun 16, 2019 at 8:10 PM 2 replies 4.9k views
Original Post
PortaPlays
PortaPlays

Hi

I work in the games industry now but my background is in media and games studies. I wrote a long research paper on accessibility and dissabilities in video games and game design. I did a lot of research on the subject and I think it is important especially for game devs. Accessibility in game design can be easy and give you a bigger target audience as an estimated 20% of gamers have some kind of disability (by their own account) and most of the adult population will sustain a temporary disability before they retire. That means that a significant number of people might not be able to play your game and that usually go unnoticed.

I would love to share my research and tips in some articles if there is any interest in the community.

jbadams
jbadams

Hello, and welcome! :)

Yes, I think that's definitely something the community would be interested in!

- Jason Astle-Adams
PortaPlays
PortaPlays

thanks for the immediate feedback

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.