Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
📌 Pinned 🔒 Locked

Underage Developer

Started by fields.of.elysium Jun 22, 2019 at 7:53 AM 2 replies 19.2k views
Original Post
fields.of.elysium
fields.of.elysium

Hi all,

I have a legal question. We are a small team of independent developers just beginning work on a PC game title that may one day end up as a commercial project. I expect the game will eventually have a PEGI rating of 18 due to mature content. The trouble is, one of our developers is 16. At this stage, I assume legal responsibility falls on the parents, but should we form a company or release commercially, what then? However, it may be some years before the project reaches that stage.

Has someone else faced a similar situation and could give some advice?

Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

Here are the 2 links to Mona's vitally important articles:

What Happens When You Don't Have a Written Agreement

Part 1: Contract Basics https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2254033-what-happens-when-you-don%e2%80%99t-have-a-written-agreement-part-1-contract-basics/

Part 2: Real-Life Application https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2254080-what-happens-when-you-don%e2%80%99t-have-a-written-agreement-part-2-real-life-application/



-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.