Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
๐Ÿ”’ Locked

Monte Carlo Tree Search

Started by shreya Jul 17, 2019 at 4:03 AM 2 replies 5.6k views
Original Post
shreya
shreya

Hello everyone!

I'm an IB student writing my extended essay in CS comparing Monte carlo tree search and minimax.

For collecting my primary data, I wish to conduct a benchmark test on both these search techniques. For that I need to use a game that implements the monte carlo tree search and also has a version that implements minimax. Can someone please help me out and send the links of where I can find such an engine/game?

Thank you!!

alvaro
alvaro

How about chess? The two best programs at this time are Leela Chess Zero (MCTS) and Stockfish (alpha-beta).

If that doesn't answer your question, perhaps I didn't understand it...

shreya
shreya

alvaro, thanks! that's exactly what I needed ~ I've started working on my research now and also found out about the Komodo MCTS chess engine

again thanks a ton

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.