Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

RawInput reports no key presses whatsoever [SharpDX]

Started by Stefan Fischlschweiger Aug 22, 2019 at 8:47 AM 0 replies 2.9k views
Original Post
Stefan Fischlschweiger
Stefan Fischlschweiger

So, I've recently updated the SharpDX libraries in my project (which I've barely worked on in the past years) from v2.6 to v4.2

It took a lot of code changes to get everything to compile again, but now it works.

Except for keyboard input.

Now, I haven't done any changes to code related to RawInput, but now I'm getting no responses to key presses anymore. If I set a breakpoint in the event handler responsible for reacting to keyboard input and sending it to the InputMapper (which is just another class that maps keys to game functions)


void KeyboardInput(object sender, KeyboardInputEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Key == _lastKeys)
            {
                _lastKeys = Keys.None;
                return;
            }

            GameServices.GetService<InputState>().Mapper.InvokeAction(e.Key);

            _lastKeys = e.Key;
        }

then e.Key is always Keys.None

The event does actually fire when I press a key, so I know that it has detected something, but just no Keys.

Mouse input works fine as before.

Has anyone else run into this?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.