Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

LaTeX formulas in posts - I don't get it...

Started by DerTroll Aug 26, 2019 at 10:27 AM 2 replies 2.8k views
Original Post
DerTroll
DerTroll

Hi there!

I tried to add LaTeX formulas as described in this post:



I tried several ways, but I always get just plain LaTeX code in the preview and my final post. I also tried the equation button. Here some examples of my failures:

\(\frac{a}{b^2}\)

$\frac{a}{b^2}$

[eqn]\frac{a}{b^2}[\eqn]

\(\frac{a}{b^2}\)

I saw other people using LaTeX formulas here. So what am I doing wrong?

Greetings


EDIT: Okay... obviously the preview does not recognize Latex commands and the


\( ... \)

command is the solution... -.- Thread can be closed.

Maybe the linked sticky should be updated and inform people that the preview does not show the result.

Greetings

TheComet
TheComet

Don't mind me just testing

[EDIT] I don't understand how this works :/ Nothing I try works

\(F(s) = \int_{0^+}^{\infty} f(t)e^{-st}\,dt\)

\( e^x=\sum_{n=0}^{\infty}\frac{x^n}{n!} \)

$$\begin{pmatrix} a_x\\a_y\\a_z\\a_w\end{pmatrix} = \begin{pmatrix} s_x&0&0&t_x \\ 0&s_y&0&t_y \\ 0&0&s_z&t_z \\ 0&0&0&1\end{pmatrix}\cdot\begin{pmatrix}b_x\\b_y\\b_z\\b_w\end{pmatrix}$$

$$\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_
{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}
^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^
{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}^{\int_{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}^{\int_{\int_{}^{}}^{\int_{}^{}}}}}}}$$

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty
fleabay
fleabay

TEST \( \sqrt{(F{_{x}})^{2}+(F{_{y}})^{2}} \) TEST.

TEST \( f(x) = x \) TEST.

TEST \(x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}\) TEST.

\[x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}\]

\(x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}\)

It doesn't show the correct formatting until you view it in a new tab or refresh the page. It's not just the edit window.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.