ETA for notifications? (BLOGS)

Started by
5 comments, last by Rutin 4 years, 3 months ago

Is there an ETA for when we can expect notifications to work for blogs? Even if I follow members I never know when they post unless I manually check, and if any comments are posted I still have to go back and check.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

Notifications specifically for followed blogs? Followed members writing blogs? Or for blogs that you commented on? Or all the above?

It shouldn't take long to add (just been focused on other critical functions), but if I know what is desired I could roll out the most important capability faster and add the rest in chunks.

Admin for GameDev.net.

fleabay said:
You mean to tell me the blog owner would have to check the blog post to know I posted in it?

No, blog owners receive notifications when comments are left on their blog posts. The issue is not receiving notifications from blogs you comment on, and not receiving notifications that a blog owner you follow has posted a new blog post.

fleabay said:
This wouldn't be so bad if one could quote blog text.

This can be done.

Admin for GameDev.net.

khawk said:

Notifications specifically for followed blogs? Followed members writing blogs? Or for blogs that you commented on? Or all the above?

It shouldn't take long to add (just been focused on other critical functions), but if I know what is desired I could roll out the most important capability faster and add the rest in chunks.

I cannot comment on actually posting blogs and seeing notifications as a blog poster personally, but I know that if I follow a member I have no idea if they've made a blog entry, and if new comments are posted on any blog that I've either followed or made a comment on.

I only know that one member on here mentioned they don't get notifications when people like or comment on their blog so I would assume this hasn't been implemented yet?

This is one of the reasons I haven't posted blog entries since the new roll out as anyone following me wont know I posted, and without notifications it makes it more difficult to carry on a discussion due to lack of notifications as nobody knows about initial comments or follow ups.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Just to reiterate, blog posts receive notifications. So do likes (on everything). Here's my latest notification from the last blog post, for example:

I can do something about follow notifications. I'll also add the email notifications at the same time - removed after complaints of email notifications (configurable in Settings).

fleabay said:
I don't have the ability to quote on blog

“This can be done”, as in, it's not implemented because clicking reply creates a sub-thread, and it seemed unnecessary at the time of implementation to duplicate the content when it's a sub-thread, but I can add it.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Thanks!

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement