PayPal not an option for GDNET+?

Started by
10 comments, last by Rutin 3 years, 11 months ago

I just noticed while going through my profile I no longer have GDNET+ active. I clicked on the GDNET link and notice on checkout there is only a Credit Card option and Google Pay, however I went into my PayPal and still have auto payments coming out on the 7th of every month (last payment was January 7th 2020).

Has the system changed now?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

I think GDNet+ might be a bit bugged. I currently have GDNet+ badge, and I also see it on you @rutin … it also states on my profile:

Your membership expires January 01, 1970 and will NOT renew. You can re-subscribe after the expiration period.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

There is indeed a bug here.

PayPal will be removed as an option in the future. I don't have a timeline on when that will happen, but for those accounts I will manage GDNet+ manually (and why @rutin has the GDNet+ badge).

Admin for GameDev.net.

Vilem Otte said:

I think GDNet+ might be a bit bugged. I currently have GDNet+ badge, and I also see it on you @rutin … it also states on my profile:

Your membership expires January 01, 1970 and will NOT renew. You can re-subscribe after the expiration period.

At the time when I posted I lost my badge, but my PayPal was still processing. When I went to check on my GNET+ in my profile settings it was as if it wasn't active but in my PayPal it was still paying out the month. Shortly after posting I had the badge return and my profile settings also showed it was active. Looks like you might've went back in time to the 70s however! �

khawk said:

There is indeed a bug here.

PayPal will be removed as an option in the future. I don't have a timeline on when that will happen, but for those accounts I will manage GDNet+ manually (and why @rutin has the GDNet+ badge).

If that is the case going forward after my next cycle is done I can just use credit card going forward. My only issue initially was that I had it going through PayPal but it wasn't reflecting on here. I have no problem not using PayPal in future.

Programmer and 3D Artist

khawk said:
PayPal will be removed as an option in the future.

Why's that? Afaik EU is not big on credit cards.

@Mussi Like most of the things with the platform redo, the current implementation is a result of balancing a number of factors including time, knowledge, priorities, and figuring out how to support 20 years of history from a combination of legacy systems.

In this case, the implementation for Paypal leveraged Paypal's subscription system from many moons ago. The previous software was very buggy in its integration. I will add Paypal integration (time), but first the existing Paypal subscription setup needs to be cleaned (time).

That's the simple reason, anyway.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I noticed last month my GDNET+ didn't update so I just removed my PayPal payments. I did put in a Credit Card through in March, but it doesn't seem to auto renew as it has dropped my status off. Is this something we need to continue to update manually ourselves each month?

Programmer and 3D Artist

@khawk I just went and did the credit card again manually. Not sure why it doesn't auto renew until canceled though. Apparently the gods are telling me something here. �

Programmer and 3D Artist

Rutin said:

I noticed last month my GDNET+ didn't update so I just removed my PayPal payments. I did put in a Credit Card through in March, but it doesn't seem to auto renew as it has dropped my status off. Is this something we need to continue to update manually ourselves each month?

I will check into auto-renew. There may be a bug there if you're having to do it manually..

Admin for GameDev.net.

khawk said:

Rutin said:

I will check into auto-renew. There may be a bug there if you're having to do it manually..

I'll let you know next month if it still drops me off GDNET+ and wont renew. Thanks.

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement