Will GDC have to be cancelled due to the coronavirus epidemic?

Started by
48 comments, last by Nagle 4 years, 2 months ago

Headlines:

• Portland textiles trade show canceled in wake of coronavirus outbreak
  • Masks Are On. Games Are Canceled. Fear of the Coronavirus Comes to U.S. Colleges.
  • Coronavirus: 10,000 Flights Cancelled In 6 Days

Big international conventions may not be a good idea for a while.

Advertisement

Interesting other conferences are shutting down. In my offices GDC plans continue to move forward..

I think it might be devastating to the division at InformaTech that runs GDC to cancel it. Maybe if the city of SF forces it?

Anything could happen of course. I imagine hand sanitizer will be in abundance at the Expo this year.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I doubt it. It doesn't seem like something that would get affected by the coronavirus. Especially since it hasn't really spread much outside of China. At least, last time I checked.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

When is GDC scheduled? Late enough to allow for the disease to spread globally, making the difference between Chinese not attending and everyone not attending?

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

fleabay said:

Nagle said:
Will GDC have to be cancelled due to the coronavirus epidemic?

I'm going to state the obvious and say that nobody knows and that it's pointless to speculate until it's announced one way or the other.

Don't speculate? The whole Internet turns on speculation. :P

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

@undefined

The conference just cancelled because of the virus was in Spain not China.

Figuring out if th e conference is on or not is important because money is being spent on non refundable plane tickets and hotel rooms. Would prefer not to flush $2k+ down the toilet

Gregg Tavareshttp://greggman.com

greggman said:
Would prefer not to flush $2k+ down the toilet

So make sure you buy refundable tickets and accommodations.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement