hey can you help me design a short proposal game for vali day?

Started by
17 comments, last by jdc 4 years, 3 months ago

so never designed a game before

i watched a few game design talks on youtubes to get an understanding and the basic takeaway is that a game is about the experience mainly, you're creating a fun interesting experience for the players

so 1 idea is a proposal story game

1. so like a writing game, each person says like a line of the story

2. and they take turns

but a proposal story game would be like this

anyway im looking for many other proposal game ideas

i couldnt really think of anything else, anything else i thought of was 'meh'

so what game ideas are you able to think of for a proposal game, and ill give feedback or w/e comes to my mind

main requirements is just that it's:

1. short

2. fun

3. creative ideas

and then ill just think of ways how to make it more fun + enjoyable

vali day = valentine day ofc

Advertisement

What is vali day, @proposalgame ?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

coming up with ideas:

so im gonna come up with some more ideas for a proposal game,

1. so a matching game relates but that's already been done

2. maybe like a kind of gift-giving kinda game where one person presents 3 gifts idea and the other person decides if they like any of the ideas, and both players takes turn doing this, then at the end they have a list of ideas and they create a proposal using all of those idea

3. umm.. maybe a there's a roulette spinning wheel and it has settings/places in it, and whereever it lands, they can play out of a short date using that location, so almost like a story game idea

4. maybe a '1-up' idea where they start with a proposal idea, and the other person does something to make that idea better, and they take turns doing that. if someone doesnt like it, then the other person can offer a better idea, and if the other player accepts the idea, it continues. if they dont like it, then they start over again

5. ...

6. ??

let's try to make a 'tag' game into a proposal game

maybe in an open field if one person can tag the other player, then they propose, but they have to tag them 3 times, and after each time, the escaping player has a head start so almost like hide & seek, so not very creative

let's try to make 'chess' into a proposal game:

i guess you can change the outfits of each chess piece, but that's not really a proposal game that's just chess...

let's try to make... a card game into a proposal game,

so 1 player can custom make each card with an idea, object, thing, etc that could be used for a proposal

and uh how it plays out would be... um the other player would do the same thing with the cards, and they would laid all the cards out face down

so some ideas would the same or similiar, and it's basically a pattern matching game where they would match the cards from all the cards they made

let's try...

designing a simple game is hard.... woo..

well ppl on here has designed many more games than i ever have so hopefully they have much more interesting creative ideas for a short proposal game

so a competitive version of the 'proposal story' game could it's one person's goal to end the story on a proposal while the other player is trying to deter the proposal, but this would be very easy for the doing the proposal to win since they end the story

but it doesnt matter ofc that it's easy, all that matters is that it's fun, and ofc it's fun

and they just take turns doing that so it's basically 2 rounds with each player playing both sides

what would be a good party (multiple players) proposal game?

hmm.. those drawing games seems popular on the web, but those are basically guessing games

i guess you can switch off each player during the 'proposal story' game, and continue the story from there, and they would end with the person they started with

what other good party proposal game ideas are there?

Still wondering, what is vali day?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

what if we add a map to this? what interesting things could we do with that?

maybe it's using google maps/earth. maybe for this one we would need like a host, and the host would pan the map to the appropriate places, and presents the players with 'proposal challenges', and basically what these situations that are complex funny and/or unusual, and the players would have to see how they would resolve it so that the scene/challenge/situation would end in a proposal

and if digital, then the computer just auto-pans to the right place and voice acting tells the situation, simple

let's try to make tic tac toe into a proposal game.. well that's a puzzle.. so.. lets make some kind of puzzle game as a proposal game… well say you have a puzzle game and both players take turns solving the puzzle, but after both player's turn, the game changes slightly/dynamically like how regular puzzles games changes after each turn of 1 player, just that this would change with 2 players so would add a lot more complexity cos you dont control what or how the player would play, but i guess they could always talk it out

let's try to make ping pong in to a prosoal game…

let's take multiplicity of info and self-segregation of interests (like how there are multiple websites on the web for example) as a basis for how we could make that into a proposal game… hmm…

what if society lets say had a worldwide username/account and this is sync across all sites like google etc and your interests would match you with a player on the web that has a similiar interest, and from there how this game play out?

how would you help make this game idea better?

how about a game talk show? how would a proposal game look? i mean guess things are just matching games, what else do they have i wonder…

hmm im not sure how a proposal talk show game would be, what do ppl that have designed so many games design a proposal talk show game?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement