Engagement Tracking

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 4 years, 2 months ago

Hello guys,

I'm a 2nd year undergraduate gamer and I'm hopeful that I will be programming and designing games in the future. Right now I have to simulate a graduation paper ( idk the exact english terminology ) and I want to write it on how app developers can track and monitor gamer experience and engagement and how they can improve it. I hope you can help me by answering the following questions as you wish.

What tools are you guys using to track the engagement of your gamers?

How do you keep them motivated to play?

What do you think would be a software/tool that would help you a lot in monitoring how satisfied are customers with your product and how engaged they are?

Thank you lots

Advertisement

This is usually done with telemetry software. Many libraries exist, and each has it's own set of features.

Telemetry can track whatever data the developers want. Some track things like popular game weapons, or paths through levels, or death locations, or time spent on different tasks, or buttons clicked. It can handle crash reports, bug reports, and possibly report suspected cheaters.

They can track many metrics of “engagement” and help build theories of what players are thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement