Marketing for a game update?

Started by
0 comments, last by Beosar 4 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am constantly working on my game “Cube Universe”, so I'm not sure what to do in terms of marketing. I'm definitely close to a point where I can sell the game and people are willing to pay for it. But the game always changes and new features are added, so every time I want to make a trailer there will be a new feature coming soon and the trailer will be outdated. I can't make a trailer every two months… Right now I'm working with someone to update the graphics, especially textures and the space ship.

The next problem is that I don't even know how to make a trailer, are there any good resources on this? Do I even need a trailer at this point?

I will make some videos on my YouTube channel apart from trailers. How do I make those videos successful enough to get about 500-1000 people to buy the game within the next months?

What else can I do?

I have released the game almost two years ago into Early Access but I never reached out to the press or YouTubers/Twitch streamers (apart from one time back in August 2019) because I never felt it was ready for that and I'm not sure if it is right now. I think my target audience at the moment are people who support crowdfunding projects and maybe a subset of early access players.

I know my game needs more content but to add more content I need more money. That's a little problem. Ideally I would reach out to investors but since I'm in Germany I very likely won't find any. That's why I thought about targeting people who support crowdfunding projects but how do I find them? Especially for voxel games it is probably hard because the target audience is younger in general.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Christopher

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement