crowdfunding which is better then going to a big publisher

Started by
4 comments, last by furgus 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello every one,

In your opinion which would be better to try to pitch your idea to a big publisher or to crowd fund your game and go it alone? I have a great idea for a game but I don't know which way I should go trying to weight the pros and cons of each path. Also do you think that a crowd funded game cam compete with the AAA titles out there?

Advertisement

Please don't get me wrong, but the industry is not looking for “Ideas people”. If all you have is an idea for a video game, and nothing concrete, no publisher will be interested in it.

By crowd funded, do you mean have people pay you to make a game? There have been Indie games that made it bigger than AAA games, so its definitely possible. It all depends on the people that are building the game.

Hope I don't sound too harsh, I've just met way too many people that had ideas for video games and wanted to split profits 50/50, with me putting all the work and them putting the ideas. That's just not how video game development works ?

well its more then an idea , I explained it wrong I have started working on a game.

Do you have a group? Or is it a solo project? Because a group may help with these issues.

Cutting out middlemen when possible is always better, they have their hands out and make little to no contribution.

If you have a fun project in mind, with nontraditional and obscene characters, probably save time and message me.

@Launcher111 It is a solo project right now

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement