Advertisement

What makes a human different from monkeys/other animals

Started by May 14, 2020 07:20 PM
178 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

All right. I've been thinking about that game for some time now. That does it, GOG has it and the night is young. GB, over & out ;-)

Good night Green Baron.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

if you want a mind you have to take into consideration what gets in (data) and what comes out it. the main thing here is to get the same result/output, the method by which the result is achieved doesn`t really matter, it can be a 1:1 emulation of the brain or it can be a hack. All that is needed is an AI that understands that humans lean. In a FPS game if you have a bot that has good/accurate aiming you have 90 percent of the realistic player challenge solved (in a game like ConterStrike you might need a bit more than that but I`m using a wide brush) In RTS games you need more than that if you have AI that knows you learn.

I`m wandering can you simulate a brain entirely like map and host someone`s brain inside a computer, i.e. keep it`s memory in the neuronal form. In digital computing we have the distinction between memory and cpu. Is there such a distinction inside the brain? We don`t store data in digital format, we use abstract notions instead.

I read the first few posts and the last few posts of this thread. Seems like this thread went on some adventures.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

@deltakshatriya It`s been drifting away, still interesting (constructive) talk though, although it`s now over.

brain is a parasite.

Advertisement

A characteristic of humans is probably the capability to exchange information through language and that we do that in practice.

We give our knowledge to our children who can build on that.

We have the ability to make tools (because of our thumbs being in a pretty cool Position and because we are walking with 2 feet only) and use them with “high” precision.

(Edit: Didn't read the whole discussion only the starting Question. Hope it still fits into the discussion)

@Byter Actually nobody answered to the original question - what differentiates a human from an animal.
Birds and dolphins communicate too.

So it is still not what makes us different.

Actually i know what humans do that animals don't, but i will keep it in secret now.

But it is not communication, because dolphins communicate too. Whales even have accents. So, my comment still fits the topic.

Technically, it's data that we share. Information is meta-data; data about the data. The average information content per datum is just a number, the number of nats or bits required to encode x distinct data. It's all about the data.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement