Is there a way to ignore threads?

Started by
17 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years ago

Because I am getting very tired of seeing answers to that effing stupid "monkey/animal" thread…

Advertisement

Now i feel guilty, but i've had this problem too. Would be welcome.

Oh, and today one of my PMs ended up at the wrong person. I don't think it was my mistake.

Guilty #MeToo :-) Imo it should simply have been closed long ago.

That's an issue. It's not that easy, however. It's not a matter of stupidity but mainly of tolerance. Ignorance can't be the solution as it causes isolation, but attention is not always for good either. I don't know how to behave here, and certainly i went wrong towards some members.

I think the only way here is manual moderation. But not locking the threads and done - probably it's best to manually remove such threads from auto notification, to put it out of general focus but let it exist.

I am with @JoeJ. Though i'd limit the tolerance to statements that have a factual base. That's where I must rubb my own nose contributing to the mess.

These threads should be allowed to fall out of sight, when they're allways on top they clutter the real information and some of their content potentially drives off people. Either by marking them to be nice to other threads, or by locking them, or whatever method.

Can threads of a subforum (Lounge) be generally marked not to show up in the forum list ? So we can visit the Lounge when we're in for Entertainment, and else focus on the important things ?

I actually would like to add a way where you can customize which forums you see in the Latest. For instance, see only the forums you follow or topic tags you're interested in (or both).

Although most likely that view will just be a new view alongside Latest.

Admin for GameDev.net.

While I believe the Monkeys thread is bound to blow up at some point, I haven't shut it down because basically it's The Lounge and people can talk about whatever they want (as long as it doesn't blow up). I have not read any of it - it's not a topic of interest for me. I just ignore threads that aren't interesting to me.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:
I have not read any of it - it's not a topic of interest for me. I just ignore threads that aren't interesting to me.

How can you moderate threads without reading them?

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/706986-what-makes-a-human-different-from-monkeysother-animals/5427024/?page=10

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement