Does gamedev.net still load in Chrome for everyone?

Started by
5 comments, last by Rutin 3 years, 11 months ago

I've been unable to access gamedev.net for what seems to be over a month now.

At first, I thought it was a site update gone bad, but then it never came back up. Finally, I just figured something happened due to coronavirus, but every day I checked various social media sites I saw no news of “gamedev.net” closing or having any issues.

Eventually today, I decided to check in another browser because it was really bugging me, and lo' and behold, the site loads fine in Firefox/Edge. Yet still in Chrome, I see:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx

Is gamedev.net working for everyone else in Chrome still? The thought that my Chrome browser is magically broken for only 1 site out of the 100s I visit regularly seems might odd, but now that I know the issue is, I'll try a reinstall. For the record, I don't use adblock or any other plugins like that in Chrome (haven't for years now). The only real 3rd part extension I've had for a while is DownThemAll, which I don't think should be interfering with anything.

It could just be a fluke issue on my PC, but with all the site changes going on, who knows, so I wanted to ask around.

Advertisement

Yes, I've been using Chrome on GameDev just fine. The error you're seeing is usually resolved by clearing your cookies and cache. If the problem still persists then it could be an extension conflict.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Rutin said:

Yes, I've been using Chrome on GameDev just fine. The error you're seeing is usually resolved by clearing your cookies and cache. If the problem still persists then it could be an extension conflict.

I cleared all my cookies and site data and that seems to have indeed fixed it. I usually try to avoid doing that because it nukes all my logins and site settings like zoom, but next time I can see if I can only clear stuff for this domain. Thanks!

Drew_Benton said:

Rutin said:

I cleared all my cookies and site data and that seems to have indeed fixed it. I usually try to avoid doing that because it nukes all my logins and site settings like zoom, but next time I can see if I can only clear stuff for this domain. Thanks!

I would suggest getting a password manager then it wont be an issue going forward.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Drew_Benton said:
I cleared all my cookies and site data and that seems to have indeed fixed it.

That's what I was going to suggest. No need to clear cookies - just cache.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

Drew_Benton said:
I cleared all my cookies and site data and that seems to have indeed fixed it.

That's what I was going to suggest. No need to clear cookies - just cache.

My bad. ?

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement