Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Game Backend

Started by vaibhav3 Jul 3, 2020 at 3:10 PM 1 replies 4.9k views
Original Post
vaibhav3
vaibhav3

Hi,

I am working on a game where I am using Playfab as a Back-End. But, I am using Playfab Client API directly from my Client, which is not good, as it can be hacked easily.

Can anyone suggest me How to build a Game Back-End server using the PlayFab Server API?

Thanks in Advance

None
hplus0603
hplus0603

From what I know about PlayFab, there is not a system where you can run server-side authoritative game logic; only things like granting tokens, joining groups, and so on.

If that is indeed correct, then you will need to build your own server software that enforces the rules you want enforced. That server may talk to the PlayFab servers to do things like granting tokens and so on, but you need to figure out how to host your server, and how to structure the communication to your server from your client yourself.

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.