Asking for feedback on my first game jam game

Started by
4 comments, last by oliverray 3 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

I recently participated in my first game jam. Because it was a very small game jam, I exactly got one comment on itch about my game. So I'd love to get some feedback from you on the game I made for the jam, so I can improve and learn something new, so I can be better next time.

Here's a video on how I made the game in my first game jam (Includes the jams theme, how I made sound, music, art, code…). Perhaps I could optimise my workflow to be faster at certain things? What do you think? :

You can also play the game in the browser here: https://shiny-emerald-games.itch.io/lightning-defense

Constructive criticism and feedback is very helpful, so I'd love to hear your thoughts whatever they might be! :-)

Thanks in advance for giving me feedback,

Shiny Emerald Games

None

Advertisement

I think you've done well to create a fun concept in such a short period of time! ?
The gameplay was intriguing at first, and I thought maybe my 6-year old son would think this was a fun game to play.

It took me about 20 seconds to realize that I could just keep my mouse pointer to the far right, next to the wall, and click away and no “enemies” would ever be able to hit the wall, making me unbeatable. So for the next one, I would suggest finding a way to make sure the game is a little bit more challenging, and not give the player a no-fail success formula like this one has. ?

But given the time frame, you've done a good job!
Keep making games and stay creative! :D

Andy Pett

Thank you for your valuable feed back. I actually wanted to create powerups that would randomly spawn across the screen and you need to strike them with your lightning thing in order to collect them, so the players need to move they're mouse cursor around, but there wasn't enough time for that, since it took me about 8 hours to fix an html error, so the game would be playable in the browser!

Thanks for your feedback, I'll continue making games since it's a lot of fun :-)

None

Yeah, time limits will have you making choices like that.
And if you ever start working in the industry, that will be your everyday life. ?

Can`t wait to see how you evolve and progress over the years!

Andy Pett

I thought about making the turtles moving their legs, and the worms sort of slither

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement