Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Hacker's Adventure-MOBILE GAME

Started by fatihser12 Sep 17, 2020 at 4:42 PM 5 replies 6.2k views
AndyPett
AndyPett

Congratulations on releasing a game! :D
How long did it take you? Did you do everything yourself?

I like the Mario-inspired theme. I miss those games. ?
I would like to come with a tip with regards to sound. Sound is really important, both in movies and in games, and I think investing either some money in a great sound mixer/masterer, or some time learning to do that yourself can go a long way.

I see SO many indie games that have lots of potential, but they just “feel” cheap due to less than ideal sound fx and voice acting. ?

Your game doesn`t have terrible sound, but if you mastered it professionally, it would add so much. ?

Andy Pett
fatihser12
fatihser12

@andypett

It took me 2.5 months.

Since I do not have a budget, I used free assets, sounds, drawings, all free assets.

Since I am a student at university, I cannot find a job and I wanted to do something myself. I am not very knowledgeable about drawing and sound, but thank you for your comment.

If I have opportunities in this matter, I will be more on top of the voice.

AndyPett
AndyPett

If this is all free assets, its pretty good! ?
From what I can see you have made a cool game, and released it! That
s more than what most can say!

And I know ALL about doing projects without funding, or with too little funding.
I have done my fair share of hobby projects, and I still do them. It takes a lot to get something completed when resources are low. Again - congratulations on the release! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! ?

Andy Pett
fatihser12
fatihser12

@AndyPett Thank you for your supporting statements.Its really too hard without funding but finally i finish it.If you have a platform where you can share the game or a platform you recommend that i will share the game, I will be very pleased for your help.

AndyPett
AndyPett

I actually don't know that many platforms. I know of Steam, and there's another one for indie games that I don't remember the name of. I would just Google something. ?
I'm pretty new to game development and distribution, but I've been around in movie and music industry for 10 years, so I've had the same struggles there.

Oh, maybe you saw my signature?
I do make money on e-sport, mobile gaming etc., but I haven't developed or released any of the games there.

Andy Pett

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.