Looking for people to code a 2D rpg with

Started by
3 comments, last by Squall22 3 years, 3 months ago

As the title says I am looking for people to code with in Unity, as this is my first post here I hope I posted it in the right category. I have a project which is in the very early stages but at least I got a vision. Through the tags you might have already seen that, I want to create a rpg (which probably alot of you guys do) before I go into more details on how, what and when this will be done let me tell you about me first.

About me:
I am 28 years old, live in germany and have been in a professional coding environment at my work place for the last two and a half years. I am very proficient in the C# language and also have been tinkering inside Unity on and off for the last couple years as well. I love gaming, do some 3d modeling and 3d printing and as my user name might suggest cosplaying.

The project:
Well obviously an rpg, I will go into further detail how it's supposed to function if you decide to join me on that adventure. But let me tell you the quint essence of it. Basically it's going to be a top down 2D rpg, visually similar to oldschool zelda games like a link to the past. I believe that it's an achievable graphical design for a small team with little experience in art creation (I do know how to use photoshop and have already created some sample sprites but I would much rather like to focus on the programming part)
So much for the visual aspect, the game is supposed to be played similar to baldurs gate 3 you move with w,a,s,d and press right click on objects to display a menu and left click to confirm your action. The simple design should allow for a lot of possible interaction. There are already some plot outlines and lore planned but more on that can be talked out in private.

Your part:
I don't expect you to be a professional dev or artist, if you are learning thats fine, I can help with a lot of stuff regarding programming to guide you in the right direction. So who am I actually looking for? Everyone who is enthusiastic enough to join me on this adventure. If you like programming thats great if you only want to do some art stuff (for me even better). This whole game is still in prototype stage. I made an inventory system a couple of test sprites and functioning walking code thats pretty much it. I will deny no one flat out if you are completely new and you just want to learn sure why not I can give you some help and you can join later on into the main project.

If you want to get in touch I set up a fresh discord server which is still a work in progress so don't expect very much there as of now https://discord.gg/PtKkNqUf

Advertisement

Hey, I’m very interested in the project but I am not actually able to join the discord server or send you a message on here so I’d appreciate it if you could add me on discord Lumina#5613 .

@ShoCosplay Yep your Discord link is broken.

Interesting proposal, and I like the initial goal looks like something obtainable ? I use C++ and C# mainly at work, although that has been in the enterprise space. Also some blender, although I wouldn't want to take the lead on that.

EDIT: Also web stuff from a previous front-end jobs, while my current is server-server.

@ShoCosplay Hi! Your link seems to be broken. I am looking for an interesting project to start with and this one seems like the one. I am currently studying computing technologies and been playing around on my own with Unity and C# for the last 2 years. I hope to hear from you soon!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement