The Gamasutra Salary Survey: What Happened to It?

Started by
19 comments, last by GeneralJist 1 year, 5 months ago

From what I've found, it seems that the most recent Gamasutra salary survey was released in 2014. (Here linked.) Why has there (seemingly) not been another since then?

Were there problems with producing it? Was it made obsolete by websites like Glassdoor? Something else entirely?

… Or am I just not finding the more-recent editions? (This is entirely possible, as my search-skills have never been the best, I fear. ^^; )

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

That feature is sadly gone. Your Google skills have not failed you.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Ah, that's a pity. Do we know why it ceased, by any chance?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You would have to ask the people who used to run Game Developer magazine (which later changed its name to GDMag, then stopped printing paper magazines, then went online and now is not in existence) why they went out of business. If you can find them.

Ah, fair enough!

Well, thank you then for your answers! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thaumaturge said:

From what I've found, it seems that the most recent Gamasutra salary survey was released in 2014. (Here linked.) Why has there (seemingly) not been another since then?

Were there problems with producing it? Was it made obsolete by websites like Glassdoor? Something else entirely?

… Or am I just not finding the more-recent editions? (This is entirely possible, as my search-skills have never been the best, I fear. ^^; )

hey man, Where can I reach you? I want to ask you a question that I'm curious about. The game is about the designer business.

@ertas73 Greetings!

You can leave me a message via PM here, if you like.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ertas73 said:
I want to ask you a question that I'm curious about. The game is about the designer business.

I assume you mean you have a question about “the designer business.” Why don't you post your question our Games Career Development forum? https://gamedev.net/forums/forum/21-games-career-development

That is a good point: a broader base of potential respondents may be more likely to provide more-useful information than just one person, I imagine.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is there another way to learn more about salaries in game development? I wanna become a game dev and need to know if it’s still a profitable field.After reading a few articles from wealthyliving.com, I felt motivated to work harder and have more than what I currently “enjoy” with my salary. I don’t want to be super rich, but I still want to have at least something better than the bare minimum. It’s not about wealth - it’s about having a stable high salary I can count on. Is it really possible to become rich as a regular game dev?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement