Data on size of Indies? here and beyond?

Started by
3 comments, last by GeneralJist 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any surveys or data on the average size of indie teams that use this platform?

Are there more solo devs?

teams >5 (less than five)

more than 10 ,10

Etc. etc.

If we knew how many teams there were, and their general #s, it might help us serve them better.

Also data if they have pent money on it? etc. etc.

Report your own team size

My org has about 15 people.

And yes, I have spent money.

Advertisement

I'm not sure you intended to post that here. The size of groups that “use the platform" sounds like you're trying to talk about a product.

This is a web site focusing heavily on public discussion, not a private commodity that is bought and sold.

@frob “the platform” is likely this forum, and he wants to know whether we have data on how many indies there are here with their composition and money spendings.

So it seems he is aiming or trying to sell a product to this audience or support for some product that you can buy.

I made a similar thread a while ago asking for this data, no one really responded.

Although this kind of data would be helpful from a marketing perspective most indie teams seem too fluid with constant churn and new orgs starting and dyeing all the time.

Even if we or anyone was willing to report this data publicly, it would be out of date in a month, and require a huge effort to track.

Best advise to OP is to contact GDC, and see if they be willing to share their data with you.

Data isn't free, and take time to collect. If you want the data for my org, you will need to go to my website and count our members, but some how I don't think the OP is willing to spend that kind of time. And if your not willing to spend time actually learning about the orgs your trying to compile than WTF we are you doing?

It's not like knowing the team size will be a predictor of success. There are countless factors that go into a success of a game dev org.

If you want to pay me to help you do this research I'd be happy to talk and negotiate a rate and hours.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement