Brand Design Review- “Leisuware Games & Software”

Started by
15 comments, last by Tom Sloper 2 years ago

I plan on starting a game company called “Leisuware Games and Software” (simply called ”Leisuware” in all marketing and on the website(s)/products) in a few years that will also have other software with gamified elements (such as a gamified education platform). The brand design document is linked below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFVvt1IeYRd1IpbocVfAIPcAzRrNfKMOIQKzfdaMt1Y/edit

Please note that this is nowhere near complete. I am seeking feedback on the company name, word association/value proposition, and target audience/competitors.

Advertisement

@fleabay this is not a class project. It's a brand design for an actual company I plan on starting.

But still, is “Leisuware” a good company name?

BradleyAuerbach said:
is “Leisuware” a good company name?

It's confusing. Did you also consider “Mensware,” “Womensware,” and “Underware”?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@undefined Huh?! It is supposed to be a mash-up of “Leisure” (as in fun) and “Software”. How is it confused with clothes?

Obviously that's what your mashup is. You never heard of “leisure wear”?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper nope!

That DOES sound like a good name for an avatar customization system for a “Leisuware” game, doesn't it! :D!

That's odd that you're not familiar with it, unless perhaps you're in a country where English isn't the native language.

Leisurewear has been the label for casual clothing for over a century. It covers everything from t-shirts and shorts to comfort items like hoodies to rave jackets and even some lingerie.

That was my first reading as well, trying to figure out what that word is supposed to be. I first thought something French from leisir, and then thought something about casual clothing, then realized it was just a garbled mess.

So my feedback on the company name: It stinks. It is too confusing with actual other words, and does not have a positive connotation.

@undefined Any alternatives? Try to find a word for “fun” or “entertainment“ that can be mashed up with “software”.

Also, I already purchased the domain name, and I already have to rebrand BEFORE even getting started!

It seems like nobody likes the name!

Look at the values and other info. Any suggestions on something I can mash up with “entertainment” and “software”?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement