Terms and Conditions Example

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 2 years ago

I am currently looking to release the prototype of my video game. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it this week. I was wondering if anyone had any examples of terms and conditions for a video game. I want to spend some quality time writing a great terms and conditions for my game before I release it.

I also know that if I download a game, I'd be able to see an example however, at the time, I do not have much space left on the laptop I am using, which is why I want to release this prototype.

If you cannot provide an example, I was wondering if you could at least point me to the direction of a game I can download for the purpose of reading and analyzing it's terms and conditions.

I would really appreciate the help with this. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

Those are usually referred to as EULAs these days. You'll find some examples if you google “example end user license agreement”

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper

Thanks a lot. Going to do some more research

Codemaster Jamal said:
I want to spend some quality time writing a great terms and conditions for my game before I release it.

Unless you're a qualified lawyer, don't do that.

The law is detailed and nuanced. Lawyers know specific elements that must be included to account for specific laws. Your local laws may have some specific details which are not covered in what you find online. Or you might include things in your online version that are no longer relevant or that are now illegal.

Contact a competent business lawyer in your area and pay the small fee to get it done right. There is far more than just the EULA that you need.

The agreements are like insurance. You almost never need them, but when you DO need them, it must have been EXACTLY right when you sent it out the first time or you'll end up paying a fortune. If you missed a small detail in your own home-made agreement it can leave you personally liable for damages, or can leave you on the hook for major federal law violations. COPPA violations are up to $43,280 per child, for example, and occasionally people are hit for millions in federal fines. Do it wrong and you could find yourself looking at a massive violation. And that's just ONE law of many that you need to respect.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement