Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Inspiring Level Designer Question

Started by joshwynnc@gmail.com Jul 11, 2022 at 2:12 PM 2 replies 6.4k views
Original Post
joshwynnc@gmail.com
joshwynnc@gmail.com

I am an inspiring Level Designer, I am about to finish my bachelors degree in Game Development and Programming. Looking across the web there appears to be so many skills that they require for even entry level positions. What skills should I focus on, so I have a higher chance to land one of the entry level positions at these companies?

None
Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

Hi, Josh - so you're an aspiring level designer. You need a portfolio of levels you've designed, in at least one of the major engines (Unity, Unreal…). You didn't say when you're graduating. Got elective hours available? Taken any courses in architecture or psychology? FAQ 69 is kind of old, but should still provide interesting reading for you.

-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com
joshwynnc@gmail.com
joshwynnc@gmail.com

@Tom Sloper Hello Tom,

Thank you for the great suggestions and the article. It was really interesting and gave me a lot to think about so thank you so much!

None

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.