Art Skilled Unity Developer (Android)

Started by
0 comments, last by Shaarigan 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey fellow game developers,

I'm looking for a Unity Developer, preferably with an art background, to help on an open source nonprofit project. Target platform is Android

As board game author, I have the need to test my games and fine tune design and mechanics. In a card game environment, new cards have to be playtested and balanced as well. The traditional way is to use pen and paper but iterating on this is time consuming and a possible waste of resources. After some research, I had some options to choose from but they either required an online service, a desktop app or were in some state that made them difficult to use.

That's why I'm currently planning to write a small Unity application for Android as the primary target platform. The main focus is on card games first, especially to implement my current game as a proof of concept ?

It will use Google Firebase to store the game components and handle matchmaking, so the app can be used to play against real testers (or just promote the game). Guided gameplay will be realized via pre-defined actions that can be chained to handle even complex rules and reactive streams that actions can subscribe to in order to play different phases. Art assets can be stored on Google Drive and will be downloaded and cached on demand. Including a simple deck building editor completes the app. Who has ever played the Pokémon TCG on Android will know what a simple app needs to look like!

Everything will be offered free to use on GitHub under a permissive license (AGPL), so if someone needs extra features or wants to publish a digital version of their game, they can do so.

If you are interested to become part of this project or just want to talk, feel free to reach out on Discord (https://discord.gg/FTy4UD5); with a small introduction of yourself, your motivation and background. I look forward to your messages!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement