Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Raycasting : problem understanding floor and ceiling rendering

Started by basile Oct 17, 2022 at 1:59 PM 2 replies 5.1k views
Original Post
basile
basile

Hello, I am working on a raycasting engine project. I got to the point where i can render textured walls with correct perspective. I am now trying to render floor and ceiling with textures. I am following Lode tutorial on how to do this but the floor is moving very weirdly and i can't get what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the project repo :

https://github.com/Bazouz660/RaycasterProject​

The code for the floor raycasting is under src/raycasting/wall_cast.c

dpadam450
dpadam450

but the floor is moving very weirdly

Always good to upload a video to youtube. Weird typically does not mean “random” so it might correlate to a common issue.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
basile
basile

@dpadam450 Yes you are right, I added a video of it

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.