dx12

Started by
5 comments, last by Gnollrunner 1 year, 7 months ago

I am trying to install dx12 using vs 2019, is there any good tutorials available?

Advertisement

Assuming you mean tutorial on learning DX12 itself, I would say Learning DirectX 12 is a good start. Once you are done with the 4 lessons of the tutorial, check out the SDK samples on GitHub, starting with the ones here (most of the other ones are on advanced topics).

well, what .h and .cpp files should I include in vs 2019 to get dx12 up and running

Learning DirectX 12 covers that. Usually, you need to install the Windows SDK first. Then, you will have to link to the DX12 libraries (dxgi.dll and d3d12.dll as far as I remember). The header file is mostly likely d3d12.h, but going through the tutorial is your best bet to get everything right.

pbivens67 said:

well, what .h and .cpp files should I include in vs 2019 to get dx12 up and running

DX12 is just a collection of APIs. To write graphic programs with DX12 you only need to install the latest Windows SDK, and include some hearder files and libraries to your project.
If you want to learn DX12 from scratch I'm writing a new, updated tutorial series based on the official MS samples: Learn DirectX 12 from Microsoft samples

pbivens67 said:

I am trying to install dx12 using vs 2019, is there any good tutorials available?

For DX12 itself you shouldn't need to install anything, at least not on Windows 10 and up. When you install Visual Studio you might have to click the appropriate option. I think there's one like “Game Development in C++” but it's been a while since I did it. The installer will give you some options to click on. You might have to scroll down a bit. If you already have VS installed, you can click on “create new project”, scroll down to the bottom of the list of templates and click on “install more tools and features” to bring up the installer. You can add stuff from there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement