I'm searching for people who can help with open world RPG

Started by
4 comments, last by jimmy84 12 months ago

Me and my internet-friend started to create independent videogame - 3D 3st person RPG with not big

open world in style of Gothic or Risen. I write the script, and also contacting the actors for

voiceover. Actors are working just for name in titles, for portfolio. Friend said that he can paint in

3D all the map and models, and his colleague can do programming. I painted by hand all map and locations plan (have pictures) and sent to him, and i found composer who agree for using his music for free. For last month he didn't answered... i thought, while i will write, he will paint, but it seems that he just changed mind (of course, he don't say that, he just wrote that "project is wrapped for now"). It's very sad, because i communicate with voiceover actors few months already, and they would like to see something about the game... it would be shame to waste their time like this! So i want to try to find people here, who can help with this.

Game planned as sequel of one australian sci-fi/ fantasy 1990's series. Structure is similar to Risen 1 or Gothic 3 - action RPG, dialogues, 3D.

I want to try to find people who can stand with me. Work is unpaid, if game will successful- then of course we will earn something, if not - you will have good portfolio.

Who is needed:

- 3D artist (models of people (men, women, teens; i have screenshots from series for example,

but you can paint your style too), mobs (big spider, man-sized tyrannosaurs, wolves, big rats,

big bugs; also few unical mobs - giant bug, giant spider, giant swamp octopus, giant bug).

- Animation artist (moves for beasts and people, also for trees and plants maybe)

- Environment artist (grass, water, plants, trees, houses)

- Engine / programming artist (friend told that he want to use Unreal Engine; best - Genome

Engine, but i'm not sure, is this engine free to use)

Experience is not needed and not wanted - if you can do that, you will.

Let's contact here or through jimmykissing@gmail.com​ Of course, maybe it was too fast - search voice actors right from the start, but i really trusted , that we can do this. I wrote over 60 pages of script, received many audio files… i must do something. Would be sad to stop it all and write to actors “Sorry, plans are changed, thanks for help”. I hope to find here people who would like to join, because i don't know about programming and digital painting…

Advertisement

jimmy84 said:
- Engine / programming artist (friend told that he want to use Unreal Engine; best - Genome Engine, but i'm not sure, is this engine free to use)

You won't be able to get Genome engine, it's an in-house engine of Piranha Bytes. It is not available for licensing. The closest you could get are ReGoth and OpenGothic (both are open source implementations of zengine (used in Gothic 1 and Gothic 2)). I don't know of anyone attempting to reimplement Genome - which would be done to extent where game is playable on it (and I honestly doubt it will happen - simple because of big quality difference between first 2 Gothic games and rest of Piranha Bytes production).

jimmy84 said:
Game planned as sequel of one australian sci-fi/ fantasy 1990's series.

Be very careful about this - as work is mentioned as unpaid, my assumption is that you do not have any licenses you might require in this case - some party will own IP rights for the series, and making a game for it requires you to own a license to make it.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

@Vilem Otte Here all is okay - i built a plot in smart way, there are names of heros and references to past, but using names it's not plagiarism. Thanks for information about ReGoth and OpenGothic engines, now i will know about it. If you know some guys who got to help in this, please, tell them about… actors are asking already, when they can see something

I would NOT make an open world Anything… unless you want to spend a decade or more…

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

@GeneralJist If you know some guy who can take a challenge like this, let me know, please.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement