Offering text assets localization into Polish for small adventure / RPG / strategy game

Started by
0 comments, last by d_g 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi, an “Introduction to localization” teacher here. Next year starting in February I'll be teaching game localization to a small group of Polish university students of English (say, 10 people). I've taught this course before and in the Spring of 2024 they should be ready to put in some 10 hours of translation / localization work each (over a month or so) for the experience of it, and perhaps for names in credits if the work is good enough. I'd organize them and help them with linguistic issues.

A game where text plays an important role (adventure, RPG, strategy) with some text elements in GUI, setup etc. would be preferable. If it's going to be a class project, I would also like a game that is not massively controversial in terms of theme or language and does not require a very detailed knowledge of some franchise.

What you'd need to provide:

• patience, clear instructions and technical feedback; list of key terms, general description of gameplay and storyline; relaxed deadlines (these are students with a number of commitments, my classes would be once a week with homework after each lesson, so no daily scrum :))
  • text assets only (scripts for voice-over possible, but will need detailed instructions),
  • preferably in-game assets, though they could do some related website content, trailer voice-over script, player's manual etc. as well.
  • simple format, preferably editable online, with standard office software or Notepad (no paid CAT tools, no programming skills required, spreadsheet or XML format welcome). Variables in the strings are OK, concatenated strings only if absolutely necessary.
  • perhaps an occasional Zoom/Teams meeting to put a human face on the project.

So if your game meets these criteria and is going to be around Beta next year, or will be already finished and you'll be looking for localization, contact me at gttfld [at] gmail.com, we'll talk it through now and confirm next year.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement