[Royalty][Crowdfunding] Aeon Versus: 1v1 to 5v5 PvP Arena

Started by
6 comments, last by Clevrer 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Prelude:

Many of you have likely visited our previous post and after much consideration and discussion with the team, and based on the feedback I have received across multiple platforms, we are pivoting our project, and I think you'll appreciate the direction...let's begin.

A bit about me, the founder, I went to school for animation and focused on conceptual design out of college. I can model, animate, etc, etc, but my love is painting. I worked in the industry on 2 titles over 3 years and unfortunately, the 2008 crash took out the company I was involved with and I had to leave the industry in 2009 to pursue other economic options. Since that time, I have worked in many different areas, most recently in app development as an art director. However, nothing has ever been as fulfilling as creating games and I have yearned to return to it. So here I am, not just making a game, but building a company.

The Project:

This will be an up to 1 year project to create an arena game for pre-release on Steam. The project is narrowly focused on creating two complete playable character types in one environment in a 1v1 battle. Think of it as the Dark Souls of WoW arena.

Development needs:

• A talent tree system with two specializations--one melee, and one magic.
  • A PvP combat system.
  • A movement and mobility system.
  • A resource management system (stamina/mana).
  • Targeting, hit detection, and collision.
  • A matchmaking system.

Available Positions:

• Game Designers (x2)
  • Conceptual Designer (x1)
  • 3D Artist (x1)

Requirements:

• Unreal Engine 5 proficiency.
  • C++ where applicable.
  • Strong passion for game development.
  • Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
  • Demonstrated skills in respective fields.
  • Availability for one weekly meeting with updates.
  • Willingness to dedicate time and effort to the project.

After this project is complete:

If you choose to stay with the team, we will be adding:

• An elo system.
  • A lobby system.
  • Socialization features (lobby and game chat).
  • Three additional character types.
  • A character creation system.
  • 15 additional classes (talent specializations).
  • Additional arenas.
  • Expanding team sizes to include 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 combat.
  • Creation of a system of in-game rewards that can be used to level up your gear.
  • Creation of a system to purchase cosmetic items for your characters.

Eventually leading up to the creation of battlegrounds with 10v10/25v25 and if it takes off, even a massive army vs army with as many as 200+ player involvement.

And much more...

Application Process:

Please send your inquiries to cleverbyconcept@gmail.com.

Note:

This will be a passion project at the start. We are submitting our project for crowdfunding and there will be Company Share and Rev Share according to the quality and quantity of work that is submitted. My goal is to get devs paid asap. I want this to be a company (not just a project) that recognizes hard work and dedication.

None

Advertisement

I do not want some understatement in the previous topic

so once again I will say about some moments that are seen here

it is advisable for you to indicate that this is some kind of Death Arena

and not just MMOGRPG as some kind of large-scale action

another moment: since you are a modeler and art director of your own game project

then you need, for example, to create a channel on YouTube

create a video from your or sketch pictures of your game

show two main characters of game personages

show game map - where events will take place

show a picture of the arena - a photo of the insider of the game itself Death Arena

video create minutes 10-12-14 minutes and create voice over video

create some intros with music from your musicians

tell inside the video about the game itself - what this game is about and your vision of your game

it is optative to create a video log and manually add subtitles to the video in English

it is possible to tell your personal dev story - the main points of interest

and tell the key features of the game, as well as the prospects for the game project

as a bonus, talk about team members

post video it here to rate your wishes

and then maybe you can add models and interface plus picture frames and text

go out to raise funds for the project and involve someone in the role of project manager

and at the moment it would be possible to download some pictures from your future game

it is in the topic to show the progress of your work, and so on

optional :

perhaps UE5 is good for modellers, but very difficult for programmers

and C++ programmer on UE5 costs an average of 5 thousand dollars a month

a C# programmer on Unity5 costs an average of 1.5 thousand dollars a month

... it is obvious that the project requires several programmers or more in denomination

and for one Unreal Programmer you can hire several Unity Programmers

but these are different game engines: there is only one way out for you

build a demo on UE5 by modelers as a result of the demo video of the game

and go fundraising on available international fundraising platforms

Alice Corp Ltd

drop of poison:

it goes without saying that without programmers the project will not get a release

and without a project manager, programmers have nothing to do

this is the circle of paradox:

your previous collapse was obvious, but not to you

you are sociable in communication, but not very sociable

for the purposes of gamedevelopment : there must be a spire of thought

that is, the main purpose in what is at stake

.. I will say in other words: indie teams cannot overtake

even standard mid-sized international companies

which basically can create only mediocre projects

but in general, the wishes of indie developers exceed the possibilities

even large companies: that in terms of resources and I understand the tasks, this comes out surreal

but no one wants to comprehend this - desire exceeds reasonable arguments

to achieve the impossible in gamedev, despite the number of years of development

Need a Project Manager as a Project Architect:

and who is in the team here, whether the Art Director

either Modelers or Programmers: the result is obvious

but everyone is trying to get around this moment without achieving anything

even if in a brief translation of the above

then you need to summary the gameplay mechanics of the project

with a soft-command program that coders are engaged in

linking art graphics / models / sound and Logic and more

into a single whole, resulting in a complex product

which should give the so-called Game Class

which in turn will give some competitive advantages

since a game that no user will play is unnecessary for anyone

and a complex product is the brink of the impossible as such

on a planetary scale: you can fend off that there are tens of thousands of games

yes they are - but some tens of thousands of games have already been played and others are not played never

and will never be played and so on all this in a Ring

Alice Corp Ltd

alice wolfraider said:
indicate that this is some kind of Death Arena and not just MMOGRPG as some kind of large-scale action

Alice, idk if there is some kind of language barrier here or what, but the project scope couldn't be more clear.

Clevrer said:
The Project: This will be an up to 1 year project to create an arena game for pre-release on Steam. The project is narrowly focused on creating two complete playable character types in one environment in a 1v1 battle.

It seems like you are trying to be helpful, but I don't think you understand my approach. I understand what my position is, it's as though you think I am unaware that I need a program manager, I know UE devs are expensive, and I know that in order to raise money for this project (to hire a PM for example) I need to show assets to afford these things. I am crushingly aware of the challenges ahead of me. And all the same, I am building a team. It is happening, I am finding the people I need. I am looking for others who are inspired by the idea to help get this off the ground. We don't have the money yet, we don't have the models yet, and we haven't started on the social media push yet. The inspiration for this project has been in my head for 20 years and we have been in the writing/planning stage for the past 4+ months--the concept art thus far is preliminary. In 5 days I have assembled half my team-each showing me projects that lead me to believe we will be able to do this. Everything you are suggesting we will be creating and I promise you that in the upcoming months, you will get to see the fruits of our efforts.

Again, I truly believe you are trying to be helpful, but my friend, you are extremely cynical and often condescending. I can be patient with a lot of things, but I am losing patience with the way you consistently belittle and dismiss my efforts. I hope that we can find a way to communicate more constructively and respectfully. I am not some 20-year-old kid who woke up after playing Diablo for 72 hours straight and said “I'm going to make a game today!” I am 45 years old and I miss making games. It was the most rewarding thing I have ever done--working with a team, creative energies flowing all in sequence for a larger goal…I know it's an uphill battle, but I will find who I am looking for and I will make a team, and we will push this forward if I have to fight through hell to get there.

alice wolfraider said:
your previous collapse was obvious

Just so we are clear, this is me listening to people's feedback (like yours) and finding an innovative way to break the project into smaller parts, create an additional revenue stream to assist in and raise additional funding, and to create a proof of concept for the larger game. It is not a collapse, it is a pivot that works towards my goal. Literally, everything we make in this smaller project is directly tied to the larger project. And if I can think of a way to create a second standalone game after this, that creates another small part of the larger game that we will be able to port into the larger project, I will do that too.

I'm tempted to sit here and respond to every small point you have made, but honestly, it is repetitive doubt and cynicism all the way down. The good points you have made, we have already discussed and I have better things to do--like work on this game. And for the love of everything legible, please do something about your formatting. The walls of text that don't use the entire width of available space and then with double spacing make it difficult to read you.

None

@Clevrer it's not me - but the formatting of the site itself - it formats on "enter", but it will go instead of numbers in a column, and here, in this topic, I will not say almost anything anymore, it's better I open my topic on collecting a fundraising team on my project, although so far I don’t see people who want gamedev for this, despite the fact that there are supposedly millions of people on the Internet ...

Alice Corp Ltd

@alice wolfraider I appreciate the effort to format future responses…it was incredibly hard on the eyes. And to be clear, I am more than happy to accept feedback, discuss the issues etc, but I am a solutions-oriented person and consistent nay-saying is not productive.

alice wolfraider said:
I don’t see people who want gamedev for this

It's only been a few days, and as we build the project and begin to show our ideas taking shape, I am confident that will change. I already have one dev who is experienced and has shown me impressive work. It is about reaching people who are inspired by the idea, and that won't be most people--which I am okay with.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement