defender game

Started by
1 comment, last by JoeJ 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I am making a defenders game, how do I get the spaceship sprite to pick up an alien sprite and move it across the screen, I am using opengl and c++

Advertisement

pbivens67 said:
how do I get the spaceship sprite to pick up an alien sprite and move it across the screen

Those sprites were no aliens. They were humans. UFOs kidnapped the humans, and you had to save them.

pbivens67 said:
I am making a defenders game

It's Defender, not Defenders. There is only one, and that's you. You defend the whole earth with your spaceship from those alien bastards.
There is only one hero in early games. One against them all. To keep it fair, the hero has multiple lifes.

pbivens67 said:
how do I get the UFO sprite to pick up a human sprite and move it across the screen?

That's not your job. The UFOs do this themselves. You only have to shoot them down. All of them.

But if you really want to, you could store an attachment pointer to your UFO sprites. If a human is nearby, you set the pointer to the human sprite.
When you move the UFO, and it's attachment pointer is not zero, you place the human sprite at some constant offset as well.

It's surely not the hardest part of remaking Defender.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement