Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Level Prototyping: What Should I Prioritize?

Started by treerex27 Mar 28, 2024 at 8:11 PM 1 replies 4.4k views
Original Post
treerex27
treerex27

Hello,

I am working on a prototype interactive level map. I am currently in the design phase of development, and will soon be translating my designs into Unreal Engine 5. I know I will have to build the layout, the props, and the entities, program them, and construct the UI to contribute to the UX. Which aspects of my project should I prioritize in UE5?

None
Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

Greetings, student! Welcome to GameDev.net. I read the title of your post and thought I could add something about what to prioritize in your levels. But then I read the body of your post and you didn't ask anything about levels. And by the wording of your final sentence (the question you're asking), the engine itself seems to matter to what you should prioritize.

What you should prioritize in your school project (I assume you're angling for a good grade) doesn't change from engine to engine. Perhaps your question doesn't need the last 2 words, “in UE5.”

What you should top-prioritize is the gameplay. Make the game action demonstrate the core gameplay, with responsive controls. You do need a UI that helps the UX, as a close second priority.

-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.