Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Community guidance for dev/programmer with goals

Started by SkedgeHammer Feb 21, 2025 at 4:19 PM 0 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
SkedgeHammer
SkedgeHammer

Hey gamedev community 👋 ,

Wanted to ask for some community guidance on my particular game dev journey if folks are willing to lend some wisdom!

About a year and a half ago I started seriously pursuing indie game development in Unity/C# and had some good success learning from tutorials, participating in game jams, and building various projects/games. After chatting with colleagues on how to get even more serious (super serious 😂 ) about game dev I've started to explore founding a studio (I'd prefer to work with others than go solo) and moving to Unreal engine and C++ vs my previous experience in Unity.

So my question is, noting that I'd like to work with others and am looking to shift to Unreal development, does anyone have any suggestions or tips upon embarking in this direction (early Unreal learning). Also a bit more info on my particular journey I'm currently enrolled in a MS Game Programming program (which delves heavily into C++) but this will be completed roughly in 2027 so I'm wanting to progress as much as I can in the meantime toward a goal of founding a studio and shipping a game.

PS I'm currently utilizing Udemy courses on Unreal to learn in the meantime as well. But again shot in the dark if there's better resources/approach potentially out there?

Bryan Skedgell

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.