Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

New Arena Game Mode for Sword & Shield Gameplay

Started by ElkStake411 Sep 15, 2025 at 2:44 AM 1 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
ElkStake411
ElkStake411

I have some inspiration for an arena game mode for Sword & Shield gameplay that I have never seen done. Naturally, Chivalry would seem like the best engine to mod on top of. Alas, I have no experience with the engine.

I am an experienced developer and, with time, I'm sure I could code my own game. I have simply been weighing what is the best path. I have no experience with net code and running game servers, so this would be an extreme gap in my experience.

This PvP mode would rely on procedurally generated maps. In prototyping some ideas, this procedural generation is limited to fitting together prefabs in different arrangements. So there would need to be good support for this. In addition, there would be a need to give users magical abilities.

Would others suggest I build the game on the Chivalry engine, or is there another Sword & Shield engine that supports heavy modification?

Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

ElkStake411 said:
I have simply been weighing what is the best path. … Would others suggest I build the game on the Chivalry engine, or is there another Sword & Shield engine that supports heavy modification?

The Hobby Project Classifieds board is the wrong place for a “which engine” question. HPC is used for team-building, recruiting teammates. So this thread has been moved to the Engines and Middleware forum. Good luck with your question and your project.

-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.