Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
๐Ÿ”’ Locked

My First Game With Gdevelop5

Started by j0sephandres Oct 23, 2025 at 8:03 PM 4 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
j0sephandres
j0sephandres

Hi everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹
I just released my first indie game called Flying Pixel, a simple but challenging 2D endless flyer where you control a tiny pixel dodging everything that moves.

๐Ÿ‘‰PLAY

RmbRT
RmbRT

I recommend adding keyboard controls. Literally unplayable with a touchpad, and also probably pretty bad with a mouse.

Walk with God.
j0sephandres
j0sephandres

@RmbRT Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. You can use โ€œZโ€ key to go up and โ€œMโ€ to go down. It's actually a mobile game, so the idea is to play it with screen taps rather than with a mouse, or keyboard.

RmbRT
RmbRT

Ok, I tried it out. I don't have a smartphone. The controls feel laggy with the Z/M key for some reason. Using the touchpad to click seemed more responsive. It's also not clearly evident up front that you die if you miss a coin. Coins are usually signalling optional bonuses. I suggest using a clearer presentation or theme that suggests a more fitting concept to what the actual behaviour is.

Walk with God.
j0sephandres
j0sephandres

RmbRT said:

Ok, I tried it out. I don't have a smartphone. The controls feel laggy with the Z/M key for some reason. Using the touchpad to click seemed more responsive. It's also not clearly evident up front that you die if you miss a coin. Coins are usually signalling optional bonuses. I suggest using a clearer presentation or theme that suggests a more fitting concept to what the actual behaviour is.

@RmbRT I'll definitely take your advice into account. I know there are things to improve; in fact, this is the first game I've ever made. I'm actually a backend developer. Right now, I'm looking for people to participate in a closed beta, which is required by the Play Store, but I'm still working on improving it, even though the game is quite simple as it is. Thanks again for the feedback.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.