Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

ZapTrap Games - Looking for Developer Partners

Started by ZapTrap Jan 23 at 7:19 PM 4 replies 650+ views
Original Post
ZapTrap
ZapTrap

I'm a one person development team right now on an idea I'm trying to bring to life for an adult only Roblox Experience, and an Android Game that everyone can play at the same time. There's many prospective directions to go on Android. I'm moving along well in Roblox, but I'm getting to the more complex part of the build and I'm looking to bring on some team members with more experience in Roblox Studio and on the Android Side. I've been a developer for 30 years, but only just started development on the game side 4 years ago, and I'm only 2 years into a Game Development degree, so you'll have to bear with me.

To give you the gist of the game, it's called ZapTrap - The Original. The idea is that it's set up like a trap shooting club, but on a grander scale, and has much more to it. The game is only similar to that game in that a projectile flies out of a fly shed, and you have to hit it. It really doesn't have anything to do with trap shooting other than that. I have everything on this profile, so you can check out more in detail. I'm posting everything online as I go because I already know it's going to get copied 800 times within a week of release, so whatever.

This is with every intention of making money. We are offering a percentage of ownership in the company split between the two additional team members. Additionally, you will be credited as a founder of the company and game on the company masthead and within the game credits. We go from there, no money up front, but it's also not just volunteer. I want you to have skin in the game. This is both ZapTrap Games and ZapTrap - The Original, and it is already a corporation. This can be done very easily through a simply contract. If you're interested, reach out. The links are on the profile of this account here so you can check everything out.

frob
frob

Recruiting is not permitted in the discussion forums. This thread has been moved to the Hobby Project Classifieds. Please review our community guidelines.

ZapTrap
ZapTrap

My apologies, thank you very much for the correction!

sswe
sswe

Hello.
You’re building ZapTrap – The Original, a monetizable Roblox experience plus a companion Android game that can run simultaneous multiplayer sessions, and you want to bring on two experienced teammates to help you push through the more complex build phase—especially in Roblox Studio and the Android side—on an equity/ownership split (no upfront cash, but real “skin in the game”) within an existing corporation.

To execute this, you need strong Roblox engineering (Lua, client/server architecture, replication, data stores, anti-exploit patterns, game-feel tuning, performance profiling) and solid Android multiplayer/game development (real-time networking, authoritative vs host models, matchmaking/lobbies, latency handling, scalable backend decisions). I’ve built large-scale multiplayer systems and progression/economy features through **Ageless Republic (MMORPG)**—networked gameplay loops, server-driven state, trading/economy-style systems, and production-minded iteration—so I’m comfortable designing the technical architecture, breaking work into milestone deliverables, and shipping playable builds while keeping the project maintainable for a small team.

What’s the intended relationship between Roblox and Android—shared accounts/progression/economy with a common backend, or two separate games that simply launch together and share a “live event” schedule?

If you share your current Roblox prototype, the core loop you want for Android, and how you plan to monetize, I can propose a milestone plan and the exact roles/ownership responsibilities that will attract the right teammates.

Contact : diaball0515@gmail.com

Thanks
Anne

ZapTrap
ZapTrap

@sswe Hello Anne,

Thank you very much for reaching out. In the first paragraph, you're absolutely right, I'm looking to bring on at least one, though two would probably be better with regards to work delegation. No up front cash, it would be equity in ZapTrap Games, the development house, and that ownership would include the same amount of equity in the revenue from the flagship game of ZapTrap - The Original, on both the Roblox and Android sides. My goal is to keep the team that we put together, and that is why I'm offering an ownership stake in the game development house itself, and not just the game.

It would be great if we could make a cross platform backend system between Roblox and Android where people could play from both platforms and retain all of their progress, ZapDollas, event schedules, scoring, and anything else that is tied to the players' accounts. It sounds as though you have the experience I'm looking for. I'd love to jump on a meeting where I can show you what I've got developed so far, the monetization side, and we can chat more in detail about how it could all work and come together.

I will copy and paste this same message into an email and send it to the address you provided here. It will come from matthew@zaptrap.world.

Thanks again for reaching out, I'm looking forward to speaking with you further.

Regards,
~Matthew

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.