Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Is using Gdevelop cheating?

Started by TideBound Aug 14 at 9:03 PM 2 replies 450+ views
Original Post
TideBound
TideBound

I have just started using gdevelop because I am joining my first game jam tommorow and it's the "fastest" engine to make a game in. I made a 2d platformer to see how to make games in the engine and I made a death screen, enemys, different levels and added music within 30 minutes. I am looking for a engine I can learn and make a game in within 9 days as that's the time I have to make the game in for the game jam but I don't think I can call myself a game developer if I make a game without really doing anything. What do you guys think? Is there a different game engine I can use that's easy to learn but you have to code in?

frob
frob

Does it break the rules of the event? That's really the only way it can be "cheating".

Game studios use engines and tools all the time to get products done quickly, so the rest of the fears are unfounded. The goal is to make a game, not re-invent the wheel.

Alberth
Alberth

Never done a game jam, but I'd go for the core gameplay rather than the bells, whistles and window-dressing that don't actually do anything for the game play.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.